Steak with Mint Chimichurri Sauce
This chimichurri is fresh, vibrant, and loaded with mint flavor. It’s perfect on steak, chicken, or pork so feel free to experiment.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 bone-in rib eye steaks (16 oz. each)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided
- Bring steaks up to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Process the olive oil, mint, parsley, shallots, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon each of the salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Reserve.
- Heat avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the steaks with remaining salt and pepper. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add steaks to the pan, and cook on one side for 7 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5–6 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve steaks with sauce.