Steak with Rosemary and Tomatoes
Rosemary-scented tomatoes make a lovely addition to grilled steak.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 tsp. plus 1⁄4 cup chopped rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 4 sirloin steaks (6 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Combine the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, and 1⁄4 cup olive oil in small, ovenproof casserole dish. Season with 3 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon pepper.
- Bake the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Rub the steaks with a paste made by combining remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1⁄4 cup rosemary, 1 tablespoon pepper, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Grill steaks 5 minutes on each side over high heat for medium rare. Garnish with basil and serve with warm tomato mixture.