This hearty appetizer is perfect for when game time coincides with meal time. Tender, marinated steak with grilled onions and potatoes is a winning combination of ingredients. The secret, though, is in the bourbon and balsamic steak sauce marinade – it’s key to creating unforgettable flavor!
Serves: 24Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (9.9 oz.) Private Selection™ Bourbon & Balsamic Steak Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1½" cubes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 bag (24 oz.) Private Selection™ Petite Gold Potatoes, cut into halves or quarters
- 24 bamboo skewers, 8" long
- In a gallon-size zipper-lock bag, combine ⅔ cup steak sauce, soy sauce and steak cubes. Press out air, seal bag and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in water so they don’t burn when you grill.
- Slice onion into 1½" pieces, each 2-3 layers thick.
- In a large pot of water, boil potatoes until fork tender but not falling apart, 15-18 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until ready to make skewers.
- Remove steak from marinade. Thread skewers with potatoes, onions and steak in alternating order.
- Heat grill to medium-high, or if cooking indoors place grill pan over burners set to medium-high. Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning throughout, until cooked through and steak reaches an internal temperature of 135°F for medium rare or 145°F for medium.
- Serve with remaining steak sauce. Refrigerate any leftovers.