This is a perfect treat for cold winter days, providing a healthy alternative to snack foods.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium apples, cored, tops cut off and reserved
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- Slice off the top of each apple and set aside to serve as the lid. Core the apples.
- Mix honey, cinnamon, and raisins. Spoon a quarter of the mixture into each apple and replace the lids.
- Steam apples in a bamboo steamer over a wok filled with 2 cups of boiling water until they are soft but not mushy, about 30 minutes or until a paring knife slips easily into the flesh of the apple. Serve warm, topping with any overflowing fruit.