Steamed Asparagus with Chopped Egg
Lightly steamed asparagus, a drizzle of sautéed garlic with wine and chopped egg make this a sensational side dish.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Add 2" water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add asparagus, cover and steam for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, lemon juice, white wine and pepper; heat through. Whisk in remaining oil.
- Place asparagus in serving bowl. Pour lemon sauce over asparagus and gently toss. Garnish with chopped egg, cracked pepper, and lemon zest.