Steamed Baby Bok Choy with Shoyu
Baby bok choy is like getting two vegetables in one: crisp leafy greens and crunchy white stalks. Because stalks take longer to cook than green parts, they can be cooked separately. Tamari can be substituted for shoyu.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 tsp. shoyu
- Pour 1"–2" water into a pot with a lid. Insert a steamer basket in the pot.
- Bring water to boil, covered. Add stalks to basket and cover. Steam 2–3 minutes.
- Add green parts on top of stalks. Cover and steam 1 minute.
- Season bok choy with shoyu.