It is very important that the mussels are well scrubbed and debearded. Ask your fishmonger to do it for you.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Mince the shallot and sauté it in the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add the mussels all at once, then the wine, and cover with a lid.
- Turn the heat to high and let the mussels steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and discard any unopened mussels.
- Transfer the mussels to four soup plates and strain the liquid. Pour the strained liquid into the bowls and sprinkle the parsley over the mussels. Serve hot.