Steamed Shrimp with Crushed Garlic
This flavorful dish is a signature dish that is enjoyed in many of Hong Kong’s finest restaurants.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 lb. large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cut open the top 1⁄4 inch of each shrimp and remove the vein. Rinse clean and set aside.
- Crush the garlic cloves and place in a heat-resistant bowl. Stir in the salt and chicken bouillon. Bring the oil to a boil and pour it into the bowl of crushed garlic. Stir, and let cool. Spread the mixture on the open tops of the shrimp.
- Fill a steamer with water and bring to a boil. Place shrimp on a deep plate and place in steamer and cover. Steam shrimp for 5 minutes. Serve.