Steamy Oyster Stew
This elegant and satisfying stew is lovely enough for entertaining. For an even richer stew, top each bowl with a pat of butter.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 quart shucked oysters, drained
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Mix the butter, shallots, Worcestershire, and clam juice together in a saucepan over medium heat for 3–4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to shallot mixture and whisk to combine. Add the cayenne pepper, oysters, milk, and heavy cream.
- Heat carefully over low heat until quite thick, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with celery salt.