Stephanie Izard’s Belize Burger with Pimiento Cheese and Caramelized Onions
Be sure to try Tastemaker Stephanie Izard's Belize Burger made with Mariano's Own Pub Burgers
- 2 Mariano's plain pub burgers
- 2 brioche burger buns
- sliced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Belize mayo, Whip This Little Goat went to Belize spice into mayo of your choice
- 1⁄3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon This Little Goat Went to Belize spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon This Little Goat Went to Belize spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 ounces pimientos, chopped
- Caramelized Onions: - Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted and sizzling. - Stir in onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 1-2 minutes. - Season with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon Belize spice. - Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook onions, stirring every few minutes to prevent them from sticking and coloring too much in any place, about 15-20 minutes until blonde colored. If the pan starts to get dry during cooking, add in a splash of water. - Set aside until ready to assemble burger.
- Pimiento Cheese: - Paddle cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon Belize spice until completely smooth. - Add cheddar, 3 Tablespoons plain mayo and pimientos until fully incorporated. Season with a pinch of salt. - Chill until ready to assemble burger. - Use any leftovers as a chip dip!
- Burger: - Preheat grill to high temperature. - Season both sides of pub burger patty with Belize spice and a dash of salt. - Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes. Flip burgers and cook until golden brown or slightly charred on the second side, about 4 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Burger Assembly: - Spread pimiento cheese on top bun. - Spread Belize mayo over burger and top with lettuce, tomato, and caramelized onions. - Serve immediately!