These cinnamon rolls are baked in muffin tins in a pecan caramel sauce, then turned upside down so the caramel glazes the buns.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into 12 pats
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed if frozen
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 1 pat butter, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and 2 teaspoon pecans in the bottom of each of 12 muffin tin cups.
- Unfold and lay flat one pastry sheet. Brush pastry with melted butter. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on the melted butter. Beginning at one end, roll up the pastry tightly. Repeat with the second sheet. Cut each log into six pieces.
- Place one roll in each cup on top of the sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes, then immediately invert the muffin pan onto a clean cookie sheet to un-mold sticky buns.