The chicken tenders in this recipe are “sticky” because of the flavorful sauce—balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger—in which they are cooked.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Simple Truth Organic™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large resealable bag, combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Mix until sugar dissolves. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate all day.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a large heavy nonstick skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring and turning chicken occasionally. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and place in oven to keep warm.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In the skillet with marinade, increase heat to medium and bring remaining liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until syrupy, stirring constantly, about 10-12 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, coat it with sauce and serve immediately over rice and sprinkled with green onions.