Sticky and Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Everyone needs at least one foolproof barbecue sauce recipe, and this one should be yours. It’s incredibly easy to make and is sticky and sweet with the right amount of spice. And it goes well with just about anything!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 small chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup low-sugar gluten-free ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and chipotle pepper. Cook until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the crushed red pepper, ketchup, molasses, corn syrup, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.