Sticky Spicy Spare Ribs
Broiling the ribs removes most of the fat, but they still get very tender in the slow cooker.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. lean pork spare ribs
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-chili sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- Place the ribs on a broiler-safe platter. Broil on high until much of the fat has been rendered. Place in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar, chili sauce, rice vinegar, garlic-chili sauce, and shallot. Pour over the ribs. Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove spare ribs from the slow cooker. Place them on a baking sheet in a cold oven to keep warm. Strain sauce into a small bowl. Drain off fat. Pour over the ribs before serving.