Asparagus is tasty, but often expensive, even during the spring when it’s in season. If you can’t get asparagus, substitute green beans. Choose smaller beans, remove the stem ends, and cook them whole.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. thin asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the bottoms. Cut them into 1" slices on an angle.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once it has heated, add the oil and the asparagus. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and stir continually for 2 minutes until they’re coated.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat but keep the skillet covered for 3 minutes or until tender. Serve while hot.