Stir-Fried Ginger Scallops with Vegetables
Start a pot of rice before you start stir-frying this quick and easy dish--you'll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 2 tsp. peanut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Braggʼs Liquid Aminos
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Rinse scallops and pat dry between layers of paper towels. If necessary, slice scallops so they’re uniform in size. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; sauté ginger, garlic, and scallions 1–2 minutes, being careful garlic doesn’t burn. Add vinegar, Liquid Aminos, and broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place broccoli in a covered, microwave-safe dish; pour chicken broth mixture over the top. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add scallops and sauté 1 minute on each side. (Do scallops in batches if necessary; be careful not to overcook.) Remove scallops from pan when done; set aside. Drain (but do not discard) liquid from broccoli. Return liquid to bowl and transfer broccoli to skillet. Stir-fry broccoli 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small cup or bowl, add enough water to cornstarch to make a slurry. Whisk slurry into reserved broccoli liquid; microwave on high 1 minute. Add toasted sesame oil and whisk again. Pour thickened broth mixture over broccoli in skillet and toss to mix. Add scallops back to broccoli mixture; stir-fry over medium heat to return scallops to serving temperature.