Stir-Fried Green Curry with Chicken
This recipe does not call for coconut milk and uses oil to stir-fry the paste. This method gives the curry a more robust flavor of fresh green chilies.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. jarred green curry paste
- 1 cup skinless sliced chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup water (if necessary)
- 2 cups bamboo shoots
- 1 green tomato, chopped
- 2–3 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup Thai basil
- 2–3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat a medium frying pan or wok over high heat until it is hot. Add oil and wait until it is hot. When hot, add the curry paste, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Fry the paste over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken is cooked, about 8 minutes. Add about ½ cup of water to help cook. Add bamboo shoots and tomato, and continue to cook until all are heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and sugar. Fold in Thai basil until basil is wilted, about 30 seconds. Serve over rice.