This recipe is very adaptable—enjoy as is, or add your favorite meat and vegetable combinations.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ Tbsp. oyster sauce, divided
- 4 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs and add 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or large heavy skillet and turn the heat to high. When oil is hot, add egg mixture. Scramble gently until eggs are almost cooked but still moist. Remove from heat and let sit for 1 minute before removing from the pan.
- Wipe the wok clean and add 2 tablespoons oil. When oil is hot, add rice, stirring to separate the grains. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, then blend in scrambled egg. Add 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix through and serve hot.