Stove Top Cheater's Mac 'n' Cheese
Yes, it’s cheating just a little to make vegan macaroni and cheese starting with store-bought “cheese,” but who cares? The secret to getting this recipe super-creamy and cheesy is using cream cheese as well as vegan Cheddar. It’s not particularly healthy, but at least it’s still cholesterol-free!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) macaroni
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup vegan Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Prepare macaroni according to package instructions. Drain well and return to pot.
- Over low heat, stir in soy milk and vegan margarine until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine over low heat until cheese is melted and ingredients are well mixed.