Stovetop Grilled Beef Loin
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lean beef tenderloin fillet (6 oz.), no more than 1" thick
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before preparing it to allow it to come to room temperature. Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together all the dry Ingredients in a bowl. Rub ¼ teaspoon of olive oil on each side of the fillet. Divide seasoning mixture; rub into each oiled side.
- Heat a grill pan on high for 1–2 minutes, until the pan is sizzling hot. Place beef fillet in pan, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 3 minutes. Use tongs to turn fillet, being careful not to pierce meat. Cook for another 2 minutes for medium or 3 minutes for well done.
- Remove from heat and let the meat rest in pan for at least 5 minutes.