Stovetop-Poached Fresh Cod
Fish cooks so quickly, you could easily whip this up for a weekend lunch—or even breakfast!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 celery stalks
- ½ bunch fresh parsley stems
- 1½ lbs. fresh cod, cut into 4-oz. portions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Roughly chop the celery and parsley. Place the celery and parsley in the bottom of a sauté pan and arrange the cod pieces on top. Add the bay leaf, stock, and lemon juice, and place over medium-high heat. Cover with parchment paper or a loose-fitting lid.
- Bring to a simmer and cook covered until the fish flakes, approximately 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove from heat and season with pepper and salt. Serve with poaching liquid.