Strawberry Banana Sherbet
What a pair! While bananas will continue to ripen after being picked, a strawberry will only ripen on the vine. Don’t pick too early!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium-large banana
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chop the strawberries and banana; place in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover and set aside while making the syrup.
- Place the remaining sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the strawberry-banana mixture with the vanilla in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Stir into the sugar syrup.
- In separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks, then fold into the strawberry-banana mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.