Strawberry and Banana Shortcake Biscuits
The cold butter and heavy cream make these biscuits rich and fluffy.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 oz.) strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the flour mixture using two knives or a pastry cutter. Stir in cream, milk, and vanilla and knead dough for 2 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to a 1⁄2-inch thick rectangle. Fold dough in half onto itself. Cut into 8 rounds using a biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Top baked biscuits with strawberry pie filling, fresh berries, sliced banana and whipped cream. Serve immediately