Strawberry Cheese Cupcakes
The light, sweet richness of mascarpone adds a European touch to this otherwise simple cupcake. This recipe would work with any flavor of jam. Get creative. Try seasonal favorites.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Combine all ingredients except preserves in a large mixing bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon. Fill baking cups halfway, reserving about 1⁄3 of the batter.
- Drop 1⁄2 teaspoon preserves into the center of each cupcake and then cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when gently touched. Cool cupcakes on wire racks.