Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
A darling Valentine’s Day take on classic cheesecake! Serve your sweetie these cute and creamy cupcakes. They’re a breeze to make and everyone gets the perfect serving!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 ⅓ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Divide the crust evenly into the bottom of the muffin tin and gently press the crust down.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Add in the sour cream, ¼ cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mix into each muffin cup, about 4 tablespoons of filling in each, filled almost to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheesecakes are set. The cheesecake should still jiggle slightly.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, mashing the strawberries while cooking. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place in a food processor or immersion blender and pulse until creamy and thick.
- Drizzle sauce over cheesecake muffins and serve.