Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
This jam is delicious on a warm scone, a gluten-free muffin, or gluten-free toast with butter.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ pint (or 6 oz.) fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2½ Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Add fruit, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Cover. Stir occasionally until fruit begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bring mixture to a boil until it develops a sauce-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and cook 2 more minutes. Stir again and then remove from heat.
- Transfer jam to an airtight jar or other container and allow to cool, or refrigerate 2–3 hours before use. The jam will continue to thicken. Can be stored in refrigerator 2 weeks or frozen up to 2 months.