Strawberry Citrus Trifles
These trifles are so easy to prepare, thanks to prepackaged ingredients, but they’re also a delight to the eye. Guests will love every bite!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry dough
- 1 can (21 oz.) strawberry pie filling
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut circles of puff pastry with a small biscuit cutter or juice glass. Place circles on baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While pastry is baking, combine pie filling, orange juice, and zest in small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until orange juice has reduced and filling is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In small mixing bowl, beat heavy cream to soft peaks. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- When ready to serve, layer pie filling and whipped cream in glasses. Garnish with puff pastry pieces.