Strawberry and Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Salad
Nutty quinoa, combined with sweet strawberries and coconut, creates a gorgeous, nutritious, and flavorful start to the day.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup red or white quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- Bring quinoa, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain any remaining liquid, and return to pan. Cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked quinoa, strawberries, cranberries, and coconut.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and honey together in a small bowl.
- Toss quinoa salad with dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.