Strawberry Cream Pie
For this pie, fresh strawberries are cooked with sugar and cranberry juice before being poured into a homemade graham cracker crust, chilled and topped with whipped cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, all but 1 hulled and quartered
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Heat over to 350˚F. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and butter. Mix well and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is firm when pressed lightly. Cool completely before filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine half of the strawberries with the remaining ¾ cup sugar. With a potato masher or a fork, mash the berries until mostly smooth. Stir in the remaining berries and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the berry mixture, cornstarch, and cranberry juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and chill for 4 hours. Once chilled spread whipped cream over the top. Chill for an additional 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with an uncut strawberry.