Strawberry Cream Tart
This is the perfect dessert to serve after a meal of traditional fried chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 oz.) strawberry preserves
- Put the pie dough into a 10-inch tart pan. Bake according to package directions; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; mix well. Spread in the bottom of the tart shell. Top with the fresh strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch, then stir in the preserves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature. Pour the cooled preserves over the berries. Chill 2 hours before serving.