Strawberry French Toast Bake
This fun and lighter take on classic French toast gets more than enough sweetness from maple syrup and juicy strawberries – no additional sugar needed!
Serves: 8Prep: 8 hours 30 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 9 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Simple Truth™ Artisan Baguette
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Frozen Whole Strawberries
- 7 large Simple Truth™ Eggs
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Syrup, plus more for serving
- Grease 9”x13” baking dish. Cut bread into 1” squares.
- Over bottom of baking dish, evenly spread bread squares. Let sit, uncovered, overnight to dry out. Meanwhile, place strawberries in refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice strawberries.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and ¾ teaspoon vanilla until well combined. Pour over bread; press down to saturate every piece.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine strawberries, lemon zest and juice, ¼ cup maple syrup and remaining ¾ teaspoon vanilla. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until strawberries begin to break down. Pour mixture over soaked bread.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour. If French toast wobbles when shaken, continue cooking 10 more minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.