Take advantage of the abundance of fresh strawberries in the summer and make this refreshing dessert.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole strawberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, until it reduces and thickens into a light syrup, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool.
- Pour the syrup into a blender, add the strawberries, and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 13-by-9-inch metal pan. Freeze for 20 minutes. Remove from the freezer and rake any frozen bits with a fork.
- Return to the freezer for 20 additional minutes. Remove from the freezer and rake any frozen bits with a fork.
- Freeze for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and rake again.