Strawberry, Lemon, and Maple Crumble
This lively strawberry crumble is both sweet and a little tart.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 10 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 cups lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow 9-by-7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons flour. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining flour, brown sugar, oats, and salt. Cut in butter until it resembles medium peas. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon topping on top of strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with frozen yogurt.