Strawberry and Lemon Pancakes
These bright and lively pancakes are the perfect breakfast—or dessert. Enjoy their sweet and citrusy flavor with maple syrup and butter.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk, lemon juice, egg, and almond extract. Stir until just combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook for 2 minutes until bubbles form in the center of the batter. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with lemon zest and serve immediately.