Strawberry Pancake Soufflé
This light and airy, yet satisfying, breakfast is also known as a Dutch Baby. It’s perfect for Sunday morning.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. yeast
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat egg yolks and cream in a large bowl. Add flour, salt, yeast and baking powder. Stir gently until just combined. Set aside 5 minutes, then stir in vanilla and butter.
- In separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites and sugar to soft peaks. Fold egg whites into the batter, being careful not to deflate.
- Heat a heavy skillet with an ovenproof handle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into hot pan. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Top batter with strawberries and place under broiler until browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350°F and leave skillet in the oven another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert the soufflé onto a serving dish. Serve immediately.