Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1 fully baked 9" pie shell
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 jar (12 oz.) strawberry preserves
- 3 cups whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest to taste, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix well. Spread in the bottom of the pie shell. Top with the strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch, then stir in the preserves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until thick and clear. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled preserve mixture over the berries. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.