Save to My Recipes
Scones can be frozen before baking for use at a later date. Bake frozen scones in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1⅛ tsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and butter in a food processor with a metal blade. Pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, cream, and vanilla using a whisk. Stir in strawberries with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold in dry ingredients with a spatula. Pour the dough onto the cookie sheet and shape it into one large circle. Cut the circle with a floured knife into six triangles. Bake for 15 minutes.