Not only do strawberries have a unique flavor, but they are unique in design as well. They are the only fruit with their seeds on the outside.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chop the strawberries and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover and set aside while making the syrup.
- Place the remaining sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the strawberry mixture in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove seeds, if desired. Stir into the sugar syrup.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks, then fold into the strawberry mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.