Strawberry Spinach Salad
Here is a healthier spinach salad than the usual hot bacon dressing version.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, sliced
- Purée 1⁄4 of the strawberries in a blender.
- Add sugar, poppy seeds, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and vinegar to the blender. Mix well.
- Add oil in a stream with the blender running. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss spinach, remaining strawberries, and red onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.