Strawberry Tapioca Pudding
This is a spiced-up version of classic tapioca pudding. Any seasonal fruit can be used in this recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup small tapioca pearls
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. anise seeds
- 4 cups coarsely chopped strawberries, trimmed
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan and add tapioca pearls. Stir occasionally to prevent the pearls from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook until tapioca is mostly clear, about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and stir. Add 4 tablespoons sugar and salt and simmer, uncovered, until tapioca is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Make sure to stir often. Turn off the heat and cool in an ice bath, stirring occasionally.
- Grind anise seeds in spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Purée strawberries, the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and ground anise seeds in a blender. Divide strawberry mixture among six glasses. Spoon tapioca over strawberries and chill before serving.