Strawberry Vanilla Granita
Fresh strawberries are decadent, especially if picked at their brightest during peak season. However, this granita would be delicious made with frozen berries as well.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Purée the berries in a food processor or blender with the lemon juice and vanilla. Press purée through a strainer to remove seeds.
- Stir in the sugar and water, and allow to sit for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour into a covered container and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, and stir the frozen crystals into the center of the container with a fork. Return the container to the freezer, and repeat the process every 30–45 minutes, stirring carefully each time, until you have a fully frozen container of crystallized granita.