This beautifully colored and flavorful soup is an unusual end to a summer dinner. Serve with more sliced strawberries or float some raspberries on top.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 pint low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. walnut oil
- In a large saucepan, combine strawberries, cinnamon, orange juice concentrate, 1⁄2 cup water, wine, and cloves. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and mix well. Add to the strawberry mixture; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Puree using an immersion blender.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 1 1⁄2 hours at room temperature, then add the yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Serve with a drizzle of walnut oil.