Streusel Coffee Cake
Here's how to make your own beautiful and delicious coffee cake!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus 1/2 cup for streusel topping
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8"x8"x2" square pan.
- In large mixing bowl, blend 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder, shortening, milk and egg.
- Pour half the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Mix together 1/2 cup flour, pecans, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to make the streusel mix.
- Add streusel mixture on top of batter in pan.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.