Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
Save room for dessert! If you like classic, creamy pumpkin pie, this streusel top will be your new favorite.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- 2 large large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 pie crust, 9", unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Pour batter into the pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the pie. Bake pie for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1" from the edge comes out clean. Cool and garnish as desired.