These warm apricots are delicious served with vanilla ice milk or crème anglaise. For an alcohol-free version of this dish, substitute an equal amount of apricot or peach nectar for the white wine.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 ripe apricots
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ⅛ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a casserole dish large enough to fit 8 apricot halves snugly in one layer lightly with nonstick spray.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones. Place the apricot halves cut side up in the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until fluffy. Beat in the egg white, then stir in the almonds and bread crumbs.
- Place a scoop of the almond filling on top of each apricot, then pour the white wine around the apricots.
- Bake the apricots, uncovered, basting every 10 minutes with the liquid at the bottom of the pan, until the fruit is tender and the topping is brown, about 45 minutes.