Stuffed Baked Potato Soup
Anything you might put on a baked potato you can stir into this soup. To keep it vegetarian, add imitation bacon bits or croutons in place of bacon.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 large russet potato, baked until tender and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup diced cooked ham
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- In a heavy soup pot over medium-high heat, combine butter and onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth and diced yellow potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
- Remove soup from heat. Working in batches, ladle into blender; pulse to purée. Return pureed to pot; add half-and-half. Heat on medium just until hot and bubbly. Whisk in cheese; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; whisk in sour cream. Add diced baked potato, salt, and pepper. Ladle into bowls; garnish with ham and parsley.