Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Stuffed potatoes are usually stuffed with fat and calories! This version is just as rich-tasting but much lower in fat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup 1% milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub potatoes and pierce skins with a fork. Place directly on wire racks in oven and bake 1 hour. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and garlic; cook on high for 30 seconds.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out the potato flesh into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Set skins aside on baking sheet.
- Add butter mixture to the potatoes and mash. Then add the milk, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and chives to the potatoes and stir until combined.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the potato skins, mounding the top. Bake until heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes.