Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
These stuffed peppers are nutritious and make a nice single-serve presentation at a brunch gathering.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ground breakfast sausage
- 8 large bell peppers, any color
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off the peppers and pull out the stems and seeds. Dice the pepper tops and add them to the skillet with the sausage, along with the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Place the hollowed peppers in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Spoon the sausage mixture into the peppers, filling them about 3⁄4 full. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and make a small well in the middle of each pepper. Crack an egg into each one and return to the pan to the oven. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until the eggs are done to your liking. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.