Stuffed Chicken Breast
You can use frozen spinach in place of the fresh spinach for this recipe. Just make sure it’s completely thawed and drained before use or the filling will be runny.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 individual boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 package (10 oz.) fresh spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced green onions
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. Fill each chicken breast with ¼ of the mixture and secure pocket closed with toothpicks.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and cook for 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve hot with mixed greens.