Stuffed Clams with Bacon
Similar to clams casino, this simple preparation makes a great appetizer or main course.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup. breadcrumbs
- 24 cherrystone clams on the half shell
- 24 slices (1 inch each) raw bacon
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. Add peppers and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add breadcrumbs and toss until well mixed.
- Preheat broiler. Place the clams on a salt bed in a baking pan. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs mixture over the raw clams. Top each clam with a slice of bacon, and place under the broiler. Broil for about 3 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp. Yum!